American on-line streaming big Netflix is getting ready to launch a documentary, which focuses on the demise of Gerald Cotten, founder and CEO of the now-defunct Canadian cryptocurrency change, QuadrigaCX.
- Netflix made the announcement via Twitter on Thursday (September 23, 2021), with the documentary titled “Belief no One: The Hunt for the Crypto King.”
- In response to the synopsis, a gaggle of QuadrigaCX traders who’ve change into investigators will search to uncover the suspicious demise of Cotten and in addition the 250 CAD million belonging to traders that was allegedly stolen by the CEO.
THE PUPPER MASTER: HUNTING THE ULTIMATE CONMAN
This three-part collection coming in January tells the insane story of an audacious conman who was convicted in 2005. Then, in a stunning twist, the story reaches into the current day as a household abruptly fears for his or her mother’s security. pic.twitter.com/OLY179J1W4
— Netflix (@netflix) September 23, 2021
- The Netflix documentary is certainly based mostly on the true occasions of a Canadian cryptocurrency change that collapsed in 2019. Earlier than the corporate’s demise, it was one of many largest Bitcoin exchanges in Canada.
- Nonetheless, issues grew to become dangerous for the corporate when its founder and CEO, Gerald Cotten, died in Jaipur, India, from Crohn’s illness at age 30. What made occasions attention-grabbing was the truth that solely Cotten had entry to the change’s chilly storage pockets, which means that clients couldn’t get their funds again.
- A courtroom submitting on the time confirmed that QuadrigaCX owed customers round 250 million CAD ($197.5 million). Legal professionals representing the corporate’s victims even requested to have the physique of the QuadrigaCX CEO exhumed to verify Cotten’s id and the reason for demise.
- In June 2020, greater than a yr after the change collapsed, Canada’s securities regulator, the Ontario Securities Fee (OSC), printed a report on its investigations into QuadrigaCX. In response to the OSC, the corporate fell not due to Cotten’s demise however because of the fraudulent actions by the CEO whereas he was alive.
- Though Netflix didn’t point out the precise date when it should launch the documentary, the net streaming big stated the present will premier in 2022.
Binance Futures 50 USDT FREE Voucher: Use this hyperlink to register & get 10% off charges and 50 USDT when buying and selling 500 USDT (restricted supply).
PrimeXBT Particular Provide: Use this hyperlink to register & enter POTATO50 code to get 50% free bonus on any deposit as much as 1 BTC.